Thank you to everyone who joined us for our first online workshop! It was great to connect with over 40 stitchers from Canada, the UK and beyond. We hope you enjoyed learning how to add embroidery to masks, cloths and fabric accessories.
Please find a recording below of part 1 & 2 (intro and demo), along with the slide deck and links to other resources. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below 😊
The techniques from this workshop can be used to decorate masks, clothes, or fabric accessories with simple embroidery stitches.
- Introduction – examples and ideas for using embroidery to decorate clothes and accessories
- Demonstration – Shannon will demonstrate 6 different ways to transfer a design onto fabric (light fabrics and dark fabrics) and how to use simple stitches to embroider flowers and words onto a mask
- Stitch along – After the demonstration, stay and stitch a while! Troubleshoot live and socialize with local crafters
Recording of Part 1 & 2
Links to resources
Here are a few links to things we mentioned in the workshop:
- Find Victoria Frausin’s mask making tutorial on youtube
- Find Yumiko Higuichi on instagram. Author of ‘Simply Stitched’ and ‘Simply Stitched with Appliqué’
- Find Sam Eldrige on instagram and etsy
- Find out about our monthly UFO textile group at the museum (currently meeting digitally – check out the Minden Hills Cultural Centre Facebook Events Page and Facebook Group for details)
“What a lovely enjoyable workshop. It was very well planned and easy to follow. Great ideas and artists recommended for follow up. I think that we all feel so isolated and it is hard to be motivated with our lives at the moment. This workshop was inspirational and so good for our well being, it was like meeting new friends. Thank you and I hope to be able to join more workshops in the future.”
“I was proper inspired to get my needle and threads out again. Thank you, a most enjoyable workshop.”
“Great way to spend a PD Day with my daughter! Thanks”